TICKETING TERMS & CONDITIONS
Before proceeding with your purchase, please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. You must not purchase a ticket unless you agree with these Terms and Conditions.
References to “Metro Arts” in these Terms and Conditions is to the organisation Metro Arts Ltd, ABN 29 010 100 482.
APPLICATION OF TERMS
1. By purchasing a ticket through Trybooking.com (online or over the phone), through the Metro Arts Box Office, or an authorised sales channel, you acknowledge and agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions. By attending an event, you agree to Metro Arts’ conditions of entry.
2. Metro Arts is a member of Live Performance Australia and complies with the LPA Ticketing Code of Practice. These Terms and Conditions incorporate the Live Performance Australia Code of Ticketing Practice – Consumer Code (LPA Code), which sets out a code of conduct for the sale of tickets to live events including consumer rights. You can find the LPA Code here or you can ask Metro Arts for a copy.
3. Tickets sold on behalf of Presenters other than Metro Arts are subject to the terms and conditions applicable to the relevant event. Metro Arts has no control over, or liability for, the performance of the event by the Presenter. All ticketing complaints and claims, and your legal rights, are as against the Presenter, not Metro Arts, except where Metro Arts is at fault or where you have a legal right against Metro Arts under the Australian Consumer Law.
4. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Queensland, Australia.
5. Tickets are only valid if purchased through Trybooking.com (online or over the phone), the Metro Arts’ Box Office, or an authorised agent.
6. Prices are subject to change without notice.
7. A transaction fee may apply to your ticket purchase and you will be notified of the applicable fee prior to purchase.
8. You warrant that you have the authority to make payment for your ticket and that you own/hold or have express permission of the owner/holder of the credit card or other payment facility used to purchase the ticket.
9. If the amount you pay for your ticket is incorrect (regardless of whether the error arose due to an advertising error online or otherwise communicated to you, human error or a technical malfunction), Metro Arts may cancel the ticket and refund to you the amount that you paid and may offer a replacement ticket to you at the correct price.
10. Concession priced tickets are available at the discretion of Metro Arts and/or the Presenter, and proof of eligibility of concession must be presented to Metro Arts staff upon request. Unless otherwise stated eligible concessions include:
a. A child aged 10 years and under;
b. Seniors holding a valid government-issued Seniors Card;
c. Pensioners holding a Centrelink Pension Card or Veterans Affairs Repatriation Health Care Card; and
d. Full-time Students with a Student ID Card;
11. Tickets for patrons with mobility difficulties and Companion Card holders are only available for purchase by calling Metro Arts during office hours.
DELIVERY, COLLECTION AND PRINTING OF TICKETS
12. All tickets are e-tickets and will only be delivered to your nominated email address upon receipt of full payment.
13. You are responsible for ensuring you have access to your e-ticket to show Front of House Staff upon entry. This can include using your mobile device to access the e-ticket, or by self-printing the ticket(s) prior to arriving at the Venue.
14. In the event that a duplicate copy of the ticket appears, Metro Arts reserves the right to request proof of identity and proof of purchase. Unauthorised duplicate ticket holders will be refused entry to the Venue.
REFUNDS, CANCELLATIONS AND CHANGES
15. Once confirmed, your ticket and any transaction fee will not be refunded or exchanged, except as provided for in the LPA Code or as required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
16. If an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated, Metro Arts will attempt to notify ticket holders of the cancellation, rescheduling or relocation. However, Metro Arts does not guarantee that ticket holders will be informed of such cancellation, rescheduling or relocation prior to the event.
17. Exchanges from one event date/time to another date/time of the same event are at Metro Arts’ Exchanges from one event to a different event are not permitted under any circumstances.
18. Tickets sold on behalf of other Presenters are subject to the conditions applicable to that event. Exchanges or Refunds for these events will require authorisation from the Presenter.
19. To the extent permitted by Law (including the Australian Consumer Law), neither Metro Arts nor the Presenter are liable to refund to you any amount beyond the face value of the ticket plus any transaction fee.
20. Merchandise will not be refunded or exchanged, unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
21. By purchasing a ticket through Metro Arts, you consent to the collection, use, disclosure and handling of your personal information as governed by Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld) and the Information Privacy Principles established under the Act. This may include the disclosure of your personal information by Metro Arts to the Presenter and/or the Venue where the Venue is not operated by Metro Arts.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
22. Attendance at the event and the right of admission is reserved by Metro Arts.
23. The use of photographic or recording devices of any kind is not permitted, unless otherwise expressly permitted. Metro Arts reserve the right to request the deletion of any unauthorised photos or videos. Bags and possessions may be inspected prior to admission.
24. You may be refused entry or required to leave the Venue if you do not comply with the Venue’s conditions of entry. Tickets will not be exchanged or refunded in these circumstances, unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
25. Entry to the Venue cannot be guaranteed if you arrive later than the advertised performance start time, and re-admittance cannot be guaranteed if you leave mid-event. The venue reserves the right to delay re-admittance to the event until a suitable time and in an appropriate manner to minimise disturbance caused. This may include sitting in designated seating closest to the entry and forfeiting pre-reserved seats.
26. Minors (persons under the age of 18) are permitted within the venue and licensed areas (as per liquor license). Proof of age may be requested by the venue. The venue will refuse the service of alcohol to any patrons who cannot produce valid proof of age when requested.
27. You enter the Venue at your own risk.
28. You understand that attendance at any event and/or the Venue may carry with it certain dangers, including the risk of injury and damage to you or your property.
29. By attending the event and/or the Venue, you accept the risk of damage and loss (including property damage, personal injury, economic and consequential loss) howsoever arising (including by negligence) at the Venue. This includes damage or loss caused by acts or omissions of other ticketholders, visitors, guests, and the employees and agents of Metro Arts, Venue and the Presenter.
30. To the extent permitted by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), Metro Arts are not liable to you for any loss, damage, injury, delays, additional expenses or inconvenience arising as a result of your attendance or non-attendance at the Venue and/or the event. This includes any cloaking service provided by the venue. Where liability cannot be excluded or modified by law, including pursuant to the Australian Consumer Law, the liability of Metro Arts is limited to the minimum permitted by law.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS DUE TO PUBLIC HEALTH
31. Patrons acknowledge Metro Arts may be required by law to provide contact information to public health officers on request. Metro Arts will not divulge contact information to third parties other than the relevant health authority.
32. When purchasing tickets, Patrons must agree to provide their contact details including mobile phone number, email or residential address; and the contact phone number and residential address of accompanying ticket holders. Metro Arts reserves the right to refuse entry to those who do not provide this information.
33. Contact details, along with seating allocations, will be kept by Metro Arts for 56 days from the day of the event.
34. Patrons may choose their preferred allocated seats at time of booking, however, Metro Arts reserves the right to reallocate your tickets within the venue as required.
35. Patrons must not attend if they have COVID-19 related symptoms, have been in close contact with a person who is COVID-19 positive, have travelled overseas or to a COVID-19 hotspot in the past 14 days, are COVID-19 positive, or required to self-isolate and the event falls within the isolation period. Refunds or exchange of tickets will be available to any customer who is required to self-isolate (due to being a confirmed case or is a close contact of a confirmed case) and the event falls within the isolation period. Customers must advise Metro Arts of their non-attendance prior to the event, or within 2 days of the event occurring.
36. Metro Arts retains the ability to stop someone from entering the Venue, or refuse to serve Patrons, provided anti-discrimination laws are not breached. In accordance with the Australian Human Rights Commission, anti-discrimination laws have been breached if refusal of service is based on certain attributes, such as age, sexual orientation, gender identity and intersex status, race or disability.
37. Patrons agree to abide by all social distancing and health protocols.
38. Patrons agree to follow the instructions of venue staff at all times; if patrons do not comply with protocols or authorised requests, they may be asked to leave immediately without refund or further recourse.
39. Patrons acknowledge that while the venue has taken all reasonable health and safety precautions to keep the audience, staff and performers safe, patrons enter the venue at their own risk without recourse to claim against the venue regarding health outcomes.
Ticketing Terms and Conditions Updated 20 July 2020.