A reciprocal partnership program supporting regional NSW and regional QLD artists to exhibit at both Firstdraft (Sydney) and Metro Arts (Brisbane). In 2022 this was offered to a regional NSW artist, and in 2023 will be offered to a QLD artist.
Across two years, this program supports two projects, one by regional NSW artists and and one by regional QLD artists to be presented at both Firstdraft and Metro Arts.
In Round 1, a project by a regional NSW artist was selected through the 2022 Firstdraft Program Callout, to exhibit at both Firstdraft and Metro Arts.
We are now calling for proposals for Round 2. One project will be selected through this Metro Arts Call for Proposals to exhibit at both Metro Arts and Firstdraft. The applicant/s must live and work primarily in regional QLD.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT RECEIVES
- $2,000 artist/s fee from Firstdraft × Metro Arts (i.e. $1,000 per exhibition);
- $2,000 fee to support travel and freight costs to Firstdraft and Metro Arts (i.e. $1,000 per exhibition);
- A fully subsidised four-week Gallery 2 exhibition at Metro Arts (March – April 2023);
- A fully subsidised six-week Gallery 4 exhibition at Firstdraft (June – July 2023);
- Access to equipment and resources at both Firstdraft and Metro Arts;
- Marketing and communications support for both presentations.
- An opening night event and an artist/s talk evening for both presentations.